Here is some feedback we have had from customers. Please email us to leave your own.
*It's time to order another bag. I've been playing your bags for nearly 10 years now and have loved every one of them. Thanks!
Michael Supples, formerly of City of Washington and Wake and District Pipe Bands. Indianapolis, USA
*I play in the Long Beach Pipe Band in Southern California. Our Pipe Major requires sheepskin and a couple years ago we got a group order of Begg sheepskin bags, followed by a bit of a "tie-in party". We feel that sheepskin bags keep our reeds at maximum stability and give us the best possible tone. I have now played a very pliable Begg for years and it is a complete pleasure to play - it's perfectly suited to our climate here.
Richard Cook, California, U.S.A
*Fantastic bag. I just tied on and tested my new Begg bag and let me just say that it is the best bag I've every played! Having gone from synthetic, to cowhide, to goatskin (all of different makes), and now to your sheepskin is a huge difference. I've never been so comfortable with my pipes as I am with this bag! I can honestly say that I will not play my pipes unless I have a sheepskin bag tied on. I have been converted to sheepskin (and Begg bags) for life!
Jim Fogelman, Cameron Highlanders of San Diego, CA, USA
*Many thanks for everything and especially the tight timeframe to tie the new bag on. Since I have gone back to your sheepskin bags I have won a lot of big prizes, including Inverness Gold Medal and Lochaber Gold Axe. Had a tune today with new bag and pipe is sounding great! Good to have a new bag for Spirit of Scotland Pipe Band competing this year! Thanks again.
Euan MacCrimmon, Inverness, Scotland.
*I'm on my 4th Begg bag. Best bag there is in my opinion. I tried a competitor's bag on the advice of my instructor- didn't like the fit or the performance of the bag so I sold it and tied a Begg bag back on. It's aces in my book. :)
Stephen Wilkinson, California, U.S.A.
*I have now installed the pipe bag delivered from you. It's incredibly airtight! After tying it in it was tight enough, and passed all the pressure tests, but after seasoning it was absolutely smashing! I corked the stocks, inflated the bag very hard, and left it for ten minutes. Returning to it, it was still VERY tight and only a tiny amount of air could be forced into it. Great job! Thank you very much for this. (Can't imagine why people stick to their synthetic bags...)
David Lindberg, 1st Royal Engineers, Sweden
*I got 3 solid years out of my last Begg bag. With that bag my band won the 2011 Grade 3B World Championships and the 2012 Grade 2 Pipe Band Championships. It was an absolutely incredible pipe bag.
Brendan O'Rourke, New York, U.S.A.
* This is the best sheepskin bag I have ever had. It is comfortable and a bespoke fit. My pipes are going so much better and the high A is superb - I am now far more confident with my pipes and tone.
Capt( rtd) Stuart D. Samson MBE, Glasgow, UK Former Director of Army Piping;Champion Solo Piper;Instructor at the National Piping Centre teaching on the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (RSAMD) BA Scottish Music-Piping Degree
* Thank you for your prompt, efficient and helpful service. I have had the sheepskin bag on for about a month now and it is absolutely fantastic! It is so tight and solid under my arm and I love the idea of simply picking them up, plug the chanter in and getting on with it. My drone sound was pretty good before but has now moved on to another level thanks to the harmonics and resonance off the bag. Several band members, including the PM, have commented on how great they sound. I wish I had converted back to sheepskin (James Begg of course) many years ago. I am delighted to endorse your product and service and will spread the gospel at every opportunity.
Myles Gardner. Pride of Murray Pipe Band, London, UK
* I have successfully tied in my first sheepskin bag, a Begg Standard. I am adjusting each day to the feel of a sheepskin, but have to say that the experience so far has been absolutely wonderful. I highly doubt I will ever, ever go back to synthetic.
Andrew Stark, Firefighters of Tampa Bay Pipes & Drums, Florida, U.S.A.
*Our Band has had written confirmation of our promotion to Grade 1 for next season due to our excellent 2012 season results and of course in part due to the supply and use of your excellent bags. When it comes to running a band at this level, product and service is all important - yours is second to none and much appreciated.
P/M D. Clunie, Denny and Dunipace Gleneagles Pipe Band, Scotland
* You really have made a great job of refurbishing my bagpipes - they are as good as new! I've let Vienna Pipes and Drums know of your services and many thanks again for your help and guidance.
Allan Cook, Vienna, Austria
*Keep up the great work! I love my Begg Bag. Going on three and a half years old now and still going strong! Thanks for making a great bagg (pun intended....haha)
Shawn Husk, Warren, Ohio, USA
*I'm using one of your sheepskin bags and just love the feel and tone the bag gets out of the bagpipe. Best bag I have used so far !
Soren Larsen, Denmark
* I am just writing to let you know, that on a Friday, I ordered 2 of the synthetic pipe chanter reeds online at mid day or thereabouts and was amazed to find them delivered first thing the next morning.Congratulations on fulfilling a request so quickly. I shall definitely be dealing with your company again
Kinross Kebbell, Cambridge, U.K.
* Bag arrived today, and I must say it's fantastic work, and the highest quality of leather pipe bag I ever seen. Stamp on the bag should be 'Highest Quality Bagpipe Shop'. I'll be giving it to my mate and I believe he will brag about it, just like me.
Glenn MacGillivray, The Royal Regiment of Scotland,Germany (This bag was the biggest we have ever made at 37 inches long. Glenn's mate must be a giant of a man. James Begg)
* Just to let you know that the 2 pipe bags you sent arrived this morning, all in good order. They're beautiful!!
Dr. Mark A. Melton, Henderson, NV, USA
* Last August 2008, my mother was visiting Scotland from Australia and bought my son a J Begg blackwood practice chanter from your shop. I myself have a Hardie chanter but after 30 years the wood has cracked and now I have ordered one of your chanters for myself-they are brilliant!.
Norman Fell, Melbourne, Australia.
* Our grade 2 band is playing your sheepskin bags exclusively and just started using them this past year. Our sound is far and away the BEST it's ever been and I believe it has everything to do with the bag changes.
P/M Adam Holdaway,Stuart Highlanders,Boston, Massachusetts,U.S.A.
* The bag is brilliant. Really comfortable. Thanks for all your help.
Richard G King,Brussels, Belgium
* As piping teacher at the Helensburgh & District Pipe Band, I find your newsletter very helpful. I used to get fed up repeating myself going over the same old points but now I just refer the band members to your newsletter. This gives them a second opinion and as they seem to retain anything they have read that much better, it is a wonderful tool to have available.
Donald Carmichael, Helensburgh, U.K.
* Just received the new pipebag. Amazing return time! By Return Post! You are brilliant as usual and yes, the pipebag is perfect with the drones standing just the way I was hoping they would. Once again thanks for your super-fast delivery and excellent work. It has made my weekend!
John Wood, London, U.K.
* James Begg is one of the kindest people I have ever come across. My son and I went to Scotland to buy a set of pipes, and while I had no idea where to go, through word of mouth, I found myself at James' shop. James is the most thoughtful and honest person I have ever come across. James took me though all of the pipes he had and I settled upon a set of Henderson Pipes from the 1920's. James was most sincere during the transaction, and the pipes were eventually transported back to Australia. Since then we have had occasion to require some repairs and modifications to the pipes, and have set those items back to James every time, knowing it was getting first class treatment every time. So far as I am concerned, there is no better pipe maker or repairer. But then nor would I change from James, as the relationship is too important to me.
Graeme Silvester MBA, M Mgmt, MSHE GD OHS, GD Mgmt, GD Proj Mgmt, Australia
* I really appreciate getting your newsletter, and the tips for new players. While I enjoy learning from pipers here, sometimes these important 'details' are not mentioned. Keep them coming
Ann Tyre, Winnipeg, Canada
* I have one of your wonderful sheepskin bags and will never play anything else. I went through several different makes of bags until it was suggested I try a Begg sheepskin and I am loving it. All my problems have been solved. Many Thanks,
Shawn McDaniel, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
* I would like to say that I find your newsletters of great value. I am with the Knoxville Pipes and Drums and some of our band members use your bags.
Vince Ayub, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.
Should you wish to post your own testimonial, please email it to email@example.com.